The Govt College of Education constitutes N.S.S unit every year ,which comprises of hundred pupil teachers. These volunteers are selected both from in-service and pre-service teachers in the month of March. The N.S.S programme Officer provides orientation to unit in the beginning of the session to inculcate among them the basic objectives of N.S.S scheme. Since our college imparts training to the in-service and the aspirant teachers who come from the far flung areas of the state of J&K, the college serves and models the society directly and indirectly through these teachers . The N.S.S unit of the college has the following objectives.
- To inculcate among the pupil the sprit of selflessness
- To sensitise the people about the social problems.
- To motivate the people to eradicate the social evils prevalent in the society.
- To enable them to shoulder the social responsibilities.
Keeping in view the above mentioned objectives, the N.S.S unit of the college organised the following activities during the current session.
NSS has two units workingProgramme Officers:
- World Plantation Day--- April 2009.
- Orientation and awareness programme on AIDS/HIV/Smoking Drug addiction at SKIMS/College of Education - 7th April 2009 and 10th September 2009.
- 7 Day awareness cum orientation camp on eradication of dreaded diseases - 3rd to 9th November 2009.
- Deweeding and Levelling of the college Campus - 6th November 2009.
- World Environment Day - 28th August 2009.
1. Prof Gurmeet Kaur
2. Mr. Mohd Ayoob